Saturday, December 01, 2007

Judah Lion

We went to California for Judahs 10th B-Day. As Beba says "It takes a long time to turn double digits!".

We stayed at GMa and GPas house using it a base of operations while we tried to see as many of her friends as possible.








GMa and GPa gave Judah a complex lego kit that is from Star Wars. All of us figured this would be something Judah would enjoy and give her something to do for the day. In 60 minutes she was finished. Therefore she is a Lego-Jedi.



She also got Heelies which she has wanted for years. The sad story is her mom bought them for her but made her wait until her B-Day to get them. The night before we left she got them and was so excited. However they were much too small and lots of tears happened with Danie and I almost joining in. Thankfully we got to Calif and found a store with them and she was off and heelin with GPa helping. You cannot hear her in this picture but she was talking so much I wasnt sure she could hellie and talk at the same time. My bad....


Dad and I had to bottle the wine and we got Judah involved. She turned into the best helper ever. My Dad called her an auto-optimizer because as she did things she would arrange her tasks in the most intuitively efficient way and ended up helping us a lot. Heck GPa even gave her 20 bucks for being so helpful. Her she is helping sanitize the wine bottles. Again she can do all this and carry on a good conversation. She is amazing.


I love my Judah Lion so much It has been great just me and her on the plane and hanging out here. I am so impressed by her and she is such a passionate excited vibrant person. Everything turns into an excuse for a party with Judah and anyone around her is always better off. So many prophetic words about her from different people talk about how she is made to be not boring because God s boring and these pictures of adventures and excitement. That is her. I think God gave her to us simply to show us how excited He is and how much He loves having fun I miss my Big , My Bigger (although it will soon be unclear who is taller Danie or Beba) and my micro , even my dog. I feel ready to go home.

This is the first time I have ever “visited” California. I was driving around and went on autopilot and actually headed back to our old house. Everything looks so familiar here that my mind went into auto but as I drove around it didnt feel familiar any longer. I know where everything is but it isnt where I live right now. I got to see a few good friends and enjoy them and when we left it was sad. But it is an odd feeling of knowing you are going back home when for 37 years you have lived where you are leaving.

No comments: