Sunday, December 30, 2007

Over the river and through the woods

I heard you can get to IHOP by going down to the end of our street, and walking through the woods. Danielle and I went for it, and it was an adventure.

The first issue is, our neighborhood seems to be the last (if ever) set of streets to be plowed or salted. This meant that as we walked up and down hills, we were mostly on ice, or packed snow. This was a drag, and hard to do. Add pregnancy, and a dog who is SO excited to be on a walk, and we had quite a work out.


Then we found the woods. We started walking down these little trails, and there was lots of snow, as it doesnt melt down there under all the trees etc... We let Zebulun off his leash, and he became the worlds happiest dog. He was in the woods, running around, showing us everything. You can tell that he is a hunting dog, and comes from a family of dogs that is meant to be outside running around.


There is our fearless Zeb leading the way. It is hard to describe his behavior, only he would dart all around, then look back to make sure we were there. Then he would race off again, and find something to investigate. Thats my pregnant babe trudging up hill. We ended up going up quite a long hill at the end, and found ourselves in someones backyard!


We came across a car! Someone drove this thing down this hill, and left it. It is old enough that all the rubber and seats and such is decayed. We didnt find any bodies (we dont look for those things) or money (we look for those things)


My lovely wife made it the whole way. I am now convinced I NEED my motorcycle here to help me with this. Had I lived in this house as a kid, I would have been on my bicycle, and in these trees all the time. I dont know how much trouble I would have gotten into, as opposed to the trouble I did anyway, but man would it have been fun!

1 comment:

The Weaver Family said...

Izzy & I love this trail. Did you make it to the river?