Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter everywhere

Had our first ice storm. Over hte last week, I have learned how to slide through intersect...ummm drive in winter conditions. We had snow, then it melted a little. Then we had ice. Then we had an ice storm last night that is essentially rain when its freezing. This means everything is covered by sheets of ice.

It wasnt as bad here as they feared, however, it sounds like it was horrible almost everywhere else. We have no power at my house this morning,a nd I am at my new office, Dunn Brothers. Hopefully this is just temporary, but the phone guy earlier this week scared the crud outta me when he said the last big ice storm they had the whole neighborhood had no power for 10 days, and only McDonalds was open, and it was 2 1/2 hours for a cheeseburger.

Other things are going well. The kids are doing great at The Daniel Academy. Christina Ortega moved in, and that is just the best thing. We have done Chanukah eveyr night, and we are learning a lot about the roots of our faith, even though it isnt a biblical feast/holiday.

Huckleberry is getting bigger all the time,a nd mommy is starting to feel it. Danie is the cutest pregger person, but I can tell it is starting to get real. Im not pregnant, but I look like it. I am also really busy all of a sudden, and we hope that is a good thing but it is changing our lifestyle a lto more than expected.

No comments: