Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This New House

Well we finally slept in our new house last night. The Cutest Wife in the world has been hard at work nesting, and 90% of everything we own is there, much more of it is arranged than anyone would think, and we actually slept there.

We feel blessed and excited. There has been so much provision and help in this, from earthly and spiritual fathers, to friends and strangers who are now friends.

The next step is going through and unpacking everything. We have moved 3 times in the last 6 weeks, and part of me is scared to get rid of our boxes! As we unpack, there is a great ability to rearrange things, and put them away in ways that make life more easy.

In our family, when I have money, I go buy Kitchen Stuff, Danie buys Craft Stuff. Because Im older and bigger and we all have to eat, I got more stuff. Our Kitchen is fairly big, and it is already full. I have to go through all of it and figure out where I will do prep work,a nd where things need to be. Im already considering a remodel!!

Danie even has a room for the Baby. However, in my mind, babies stay with Moms and Dads until they are sleeping through the night all the time. This means we will have about a year of an empty room, and she is going to use it for a craft room etc... but I hope to convince her to bring all her stuff down to "my" room in the basement.

Danie and I have an odd life we figured out once. We spend a lot of time together. pretty much all day. And when the kids are here, all of us are on top of each other. Im used to it, and I like it. It got the point here in KC where Danie and I were finding ourselves sitting across from each other at tables in Panera Bread or at home or Higher Ground or Dunn Bros working on stuff regularly. I got so used to it, when she goes somewhere I get all confused. So Im hoping to lure her into the basement so when I work, she is doing her crafts.

The poor Dog! Every time the s leave, he gets sad. Really sad. Like a puppy who lost his little s. After he realizes they arent coming back today, he mopes around, and goes up to their room and lays down on their beds or their CLOTHES (that I told them to put away) and snuggles his nose into whatever smells like them, and does the sad puppy dog eyes at any passerby.

He got really excited last night when I took him over to the new house. Immediately he ran around, and then bolted up to the kids room. The door was closed, but I think he realized the kids werent there, but he was hoping they were!

Danielle and I were talking about how hard it will be for HuckleBerry when she is 2-3 years old and her favorite people in the world leave for a few days at a time. Oy Vey. Maybe she will have Zeb to commiserate with, if 2 year olds in fact do commiserate.

No comments: