Friday, November 09, 2007

Updates... and Auntie Michelle!!!

Things are going well out here. Weller than Im able to process. If I shared it all, it would sound odd, and probably not mean as much to anyone else as to me/us, but suffice to say it is well.

We went to our 4pm intercession set yesterday. The s and Danielle and I have made a commitment to go. We have filled out our GodTv prayer guides, and we dig in. People dont realize how hard it is to pray for 2 hours straight for everything else but yourself!! LOL.

We actually stayed for about an hour. By the time the first session ended, at about the 45 minute mark, Judah, who had been rocking forward and back on her 2 feet, praying very loudly (although I couldnt hear the actual words), semi-collapsed in her chair, and said "WHEW, Im tired!!". No kidding!!! She had been yelling and praying and speaking life over her list, and I have no clue how many lives just got altered because she asked God to do a LOT of stuff. Take her imagination, mix it with anointed atmosphere, and give her some stimulus (music, lights, people) and you have something that is quite powerful. If Hurricane Leah and Jenai Dreger were here, I think the rest of us wouldnt have to pray, they would take care of it for us.

Israel has been growing in many ways, but they arent as obvious, but still very powerful. I believe God is beginning to use her intuitive, and sensitive aspects of her heart and speaking through it. It is more of an under the surface thing, but only God truly knows all the subtleties of my lovely . I think it might be He even hides some of it just to keep for Himself, and she is beginning to change in so many ways.

Danielle is getting a very little belly! We find out what Huck is (well we know what Huck is... a baby human, but dingle or no dingle via ultrasound next Friday). Danielle is a tremendous woman, and most people tell me that regularly. She is so productive, in such a chaotic environment for her. She has done so much, for so many, with so little. Most of you are already aware of this, but to live with such a Godly example has helped teach me and shape things in me. She is really a leader to me in so many ways, and yet she is never ting or controlling, but very thoughtful and considerate.

Im rolling along, picking up speed. Im intimidated about some changes coming with work, as it looks as if I am about to get much, much more busy than I anticipated. With that comes more resources, which is something we really want. Im going to have a food budget bigger than my mortgage because we are having so much fun the few times we have had people over for food. Our new house is almost ready for us to move into (3 weeks early!!) but we might not actually move until after Thanksgiving.

I have some opportunities to get involved with real estate that are unreal, and Im a little overwhelmed. I wasnt thinking inner city landlord type stuff, but the scenarios look really good for us to either do that, or some thing around here. I believe we need to transition our income out of direct software over the next 10 years, and that is both daunting and exciting.

God is moving around here. Being here almost 4 weeks straight has shown me some of the reality of IHOP. It is still a tremendous place, and God is moving so strongly here. But it isnt that far off when people like Mike Bickle say "Our very weak expression of the prayer movement here in Kansas City". It is lovely, and great, but shocking to the flesh to realize how much God is actually doing because we cannot, and probably never will be able to do. If we were able, He wouldnt be needed.

It is somewhat of an assault to the flesh how unnecessary it really is to night and day prayer. Your flesh (body etc...) is good for getting you to the prayer room, but worthless once inside it. Unanointed prayer still counts! But without the Spirit of prayer, it is wooden. And sometimes I can actually perceive the resistance grow, and dissipate. But you keep showing up, because more often than not it is great, and periodically, it is dramatic.

Aunti Michelle is here for the Joseph Company summit! One of the best friends of my life has come here, and the s are going crazy waiting to get to see her. She is even staying at Katchens house, so friends with friends, does it get any better?

We miss many people. We are close to manipulating and guilt tripping Jason to come here, and find ourselves getting restrained from cursing his job and house to make him have to move. We miss our friends in California via the Dregers gatherings, and the Phillips family, along with many others. It is surreal to be so busy and excited, and find place of the heart hurting for its friends.

Off the Ihop.

1 comment:

The Weaver Family said...

I like having coffee with your friends this morning ( I like it even better when your friends bestow me the coffee). I am in full agreement with the humility and wonderfulness of your family here. Izzy loves the sisters and your wife brings me chocolate milk. I love that you are all here.