Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am really thankful

It really isn't cliche to stop and be thankful today. IT is a GREAT excuse to remind oneself, almost a discipline as it were.

It is obvious what Im mostly thankful for. If I could boil it down to the thing behind the thing, it is all about Gods goodness as expressed in His Will. Simply put, He has never let up on me. My whole life is now balancing on the historical fact, and the future hope/confidence that He will simply not relent in my life.

Via that Perfect Will, all these good things have come. God does not have one intention towards me that will ever not be completely good. When we say all things are possible with God, or with God all things are possible, we dont realize some things are impossible for God to do.

He cannot EVER think, intend, act or succeed in doing anything for me or to me that is anything other than good.

And all the "bad" has either been my rebellion, my brokenness, or others. Even some of the bad, in hindsight, wasnt. It was God taking things away from me that were hurting or even me.

All the details of this goodness, all the outworkings of it, those are facts evident in my life. I couldnt list all of them, and to broadcast some of them are to reduce them down into a list.

But it is still a great thing to stop, think about it, thank God for it, and enjoy it.

No comments: