Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Misc and Loose notes

Cloudy 10°F
Feels Like
-4°F

Wheeeeeee haaaa. I knew it was cold the other day. Im actually really built for the cold. Lots of insulation layers etc... I found myself running Zebulun around the other day after I got back from the gym. I was in shorts and a sweatshirt. I realized it was 20 degrees F! That was a little cold for me.

then the other day I took zeb out, and by the time I got to the end of the block, my eyes were tearing, my cheeks hurt, my nose felt like it was burning and all the saliva in the corners of my mouth was frozen. It was actually starting to get painful. I turned around and went home. I found out it was 5 deg F with a little wind, so it was like -1. I hit my limit.

Danielle is back after a very neat conference. She has done a great job, and had lots of funny stories to tell about how when Lou Engle was calling for people who felt very connected to the LIFE movement stand up, Huckleberry started wiggling like CRAZY. I guess Huck Like LIFE (go figure) and probably LOVES Lou. I think all kids do.

Our lives are finally settling down. The holidays are too much disruption for me. Between that and a 3 week break from school for the kids, and then a death in the family, it was pretty chaotic. Im getting so busy that it is becoming evident we need to have som stability around here. A consistent Schedule helps.

It is one of the problems around here. Everything is so active, I have to say no to lots of great things. I am limited in scope, and need to stick to what I know God has told us.

Some things God has led us to believe and pray for:

1. 150 adoptions in the local KC area, especially the IHOP community by 12/31/2008.
2. $1,000,000 in donations to the Zoe foundation by 12/31/2008.

I am also turning my focus to The Daniel Academy. I see a budding, richly diverse group of kids that need to be equipped far more deeply than I needed. Part of this will be just helping organizationally as we see needs, but also teaching. I listened to the Teachers Meeting, and all I can say is I could never see myself able to teach a typical class like Math or English. These people have such a higher level of organization and detail ability than me it is almost sad. I am not built like that, and can really appreciate how much effort they go to in helping my children.

A really sad tragedy struck here in KC. A family Danielle met right before they left for India, the Maas family, suffered the loss of their husband/father. This family sold most everything and left for India, with 4 kids, and gave themselves to orphans. I dont know the whole story, but Im not sure they even got to the place they were supposed to before Dave got sick, and had 2 heart attacks and died. I have not met this family, but Danielle did right before they left.

This is a hurtful story. People giving everything they have, and the hurt and anguish they must be feeling. Having to come all the way back, an exhausting trip, with no resources etc... We all know God will provide, but He often does it THROUGH THE BODY. I cannot say enough. You either help widows and orphans, or you dont. It is clear in scripture. I dont care if it is $5 or $50, all believers are called to help. Those who dont consider themselves "Christians" etc... still find it in their hearts to give. If you want to contribute, we have information. Email me.... Personally, this is a non-negotiable. I may not have much, but that is irrelevant.




No comments: