Sunday, January 27, 2008

Im Arthur, King of the .....NOT

All I can say is I have been to Arthur Bryants 2 times. This is supposedly the best BBQ in KC, the country, and the world. It is not.

The Burnt Ends are overly salty, mushy, dark, murky and barely passable. The beef was very dry, and flavorless. The Ribs were good, but I have had MUCH better. I think they use MSG in their rub as well, because after, my breathing was a little messed up.

This is a disappointment. Here are the favorites so far...

Ribs (Baby Back): Jacks Stack
Ribs (SPare): Jacks/Gates
Burnt Ends: Jacks Stack
Sauce: Jacks Stack
Pulled Pork Sandwich: Oklahoma Joes (I dont think Jacks does pork shoulder, or they might be the winner here too)
Others:

Fries: Jacks, Gates
Beans: Jacks (I havent had Arthur Bryants)
Cheesy Corn get honorable mention here. IT isnt served anywhere else I know about, but it is a food group by itself.


Notice Gates BBQ on here? Their fries are good, but everything else is VERY salty. Ribs are good at Gates, but for Baby Backs Jacks beats out.

Im going to check out some other, littler places. We also need to go to KC Masterpiece. It seems we like our BBQ upscale. I just hate mushy, murky flavors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean,
You really should try my fav hole in the wall BBQ joint. LC's it is off of 435 North and Blue Parkway. I eat there a couple of times a month and I am always gald / in need of a nap afterwards. DON'T take the girls after dark! Pretty rough area.