Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mrs Kansas City

My lovely wife is DEFINITELY the winner of Mrs Kansas City. Not only is she beautiful, poised, articulate, witty, charming, and totally intelligent, she is such a blessing to me, and to the kids. Even pregnant, and tired, she is relentless at making things nice for us, in so many little ways it is hard to list them all.

We are living out of a bedroom in a basement of some wonderful people who have had to endure quite a lot, 2 adults, a hyper dog, a couple kids, in and out, loud etc... We get to hang with these people, and to be honest, I almost wish we could stay for longer.

We went to a corn maze last night, that literally had 4 sectors, 2 of which were 4.1 miles long!!!. We went with a bunch of people that are so precious and interesting! I havent been around 8-10 single people all mixed together in a long time. Watching the dynamics reminds me of my life over 15 years ago.

Back to my wife. She is exhausted, pregnant, out of sorts with no place to call her own. We are having the kids overnight for the first time in KC, and I got soem time hanging out with the girls while Danie went home. Judah is entertaining all the adults, Israel and I are hanging out, and we realize it is past 10 pm. We go home, and the whole room is arranged with beds, blankets, pillows etc.. for 4 people, in a space that makes our last home look palatial. We all settle down (including the dog) and sleep all night.

On a good day, this would be hard. Pile all this stuff on top, add the fact she is working here, and my wife is definitely 1st Place for Mrs Kansas City.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks hunny. I love you.