Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Its packing day

Today, a big trailer is coming to my house. They will leave it there for a while, until I tell them "Take my stuff to Kansas City". Then I drive 1600 miles to meet them there, and unload it into a barn, and then find a place to live. Then go unload the barn, and load my house. Then unpack.

I have never moved a long distance. You have one shot. Thankfully, Kathie (Kathy) "Everything they say about her is true" Wheeler came into town, and packed up our kitchen. Danielle and her got a lot done, and today is my day. Being a "husky" Lithuainian, it is my objective to load big heavy things, and try not to break them.

Then we drive. And drive, and drive. The boring part. Me and Zeb in Dorothy the Dodge Caravan, and Danie and Kathie in "Mabel" (Dont tell Danielle I called it that) the Mazda.

Los Angeles to St George Utah, St George to Grand Junction, Co, Grand Junction to Arvada, and then a big push from Arvada to Kansas City, Mo. The Bohlenders do this kind of crazy stuff all the time, but not me. Im a baby.

What am I going into? As far as I can tell, a season of preparation. All indicators point to a time of life that is going to bring all the loose ends and areas that arent quite as mature up to the level other parts of my life are developed. Its a neat picture. There is a reason why things in my life are retarded, and it is mainly discipline, and consistency. bith of which are difficult for me to maintain without a lot of stimulus.

I have gained a lot of weight back since The Call. The majority of this year has been spent in fasting of one kind or another, with lots of revelation and fruit. It will soon be time to incorporate that into my life in more direct ways. Being around intense people, with an external strucutre will help a lot. I lack that in my life. Being the least prophetic person in the room at any given time will be quite a nice change of pace. Training my ears to the Spirit is something I need desparately.

I might get a chance to play music, howevermy main call is to play outside the Body. But there is a real parallel to what the IHOP does inside its walls (and it is VERY needed), and what God has shown me to do is something very similar, but in a way that is more directly understood by people outside that environment. It is hard to detox from "Christianeese" but it will be an integral part of navigating the calling in my life.

We get to help all sorts of intercessors, I want to volunteer in the kitchen making food for crazy teenagers, buying houses and renting them, on and on... Judah wants a treehouse, Israel would love a horse.

All I know is God is taking us on an adventure, and it is a progressively intense one. It isnt a bunch of new ideas, but more of a developing of existing ideas, and an integration of them into a constant lifestyle, rather than an event.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is all fine and dandy, but where is my update? there have been many miles crossed by now and inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

Jocelynalice said...

Tell Israel that if she gets a horse she better be willing to let me ride it!

Anonymous said...

ok, i got my update. now I'll say how excited i am for you... I imagine you driving that final stretch, with a real sense of entering your promised land! I know what you are saying is true.. It was hard to see you go but I know this season of your life really is going to be about fruit and fulfilling destiny.. this is great!

P said...

Jocelyn... Israel says no problem! Also, I cannot read your blog, so please invite me...

Todd: I posted a new update, and as my brain and heart catch up, I will post more. Or you can come out and visit.