Thursday, October 25, 2007

Blood Pressure and Orphans

On the way here, from here, I had a thought when I was here, listening to this guy talk about this place, and the prophetic destiny I was about to step into and participate with for a season of my life.

There was a part about "no disease known to man will stand int his place", which obviously hasnt yet been fulfilled. But regardless, there is a contention for the reality to manifest.

Then the speaker launched into stories upon stories of giving,a nd how God is going to supernatrually delight us in multiplying our giving, and capturing our heart and our affections by helping us see how He wants to fund His work through us, for mostly no other reason than to inspire awe and trust and confidence in His character.

It occured to me that we spend so much in money, resources, time, energy etc... about our infirmities. I dont know how much money hypertension has cost me, but it isnt insignificant. How much energy have I lost? How much time? How much intensity?

I thought about the reality that as people get healed, it frees up a lot of resource, especially direct money. If I am living in a palce where the pwoer of God is sutaining me, I dont need to devote a bunch of resources to things that dont produce any fruit in the Kingdom.

I had a picture in my mind that someone was disease stricken, in the Healing Rooms, and before they were prayed for, they were counseled to consider that AFTER (this is key) they devote the things God points out to them that were used to support them in their sickness to things that build the Kingdom. Money, yes, but in some cases it is more like energy, effort, excercise, time with others etc...

The key here is AFTER, because Im not at all a fan of the idea we could somehow "buy" our healing. It was bought and paid for. God will heal us no matter what, to His own desire.

But I thought about the literal billions and billions of dollars spent and lost in sickness and disease, and the billions and billions needed for care for orphans and adoption, the spread of the Gospel by sending people etc....

On Sunday I went here, and they made an aggressive effort to pray for the sick. God really touched me, and I realized how hard hearted, and unbelieving I am about getting healed. I have done all I can responsibly. It feels impossible to maintain my diet correctly, and event hen, while my high blood pressure improves, it hasnt gotten tothe point where I can get off medication, in fact I had to increase it.

These people prayed me into the floor. All of us got a sense that God was doing somethng progressively. God showed me the number 25.68. I think this is very close to the amount I payed for Lisinopril without insurance, which I cannot afford right now without great effort. God spoke to me about my need to beleive in healing,a nd my need to be able to pray for the sick with faith, and see Him in this light.

I have committed to giving that amount of money, indefinitely, to an orphanage. I beleive I will get progressively more and more dizzy, meaning my blood pressure will get lower, and I will have to lower my medication, until I am off it. I plan on contending for healing, so that I am not restrained financially, energy wise, resource wise etc... and am able to give more and experience more in the Kingdom.

Either way, I win....

No comments: