Sunday, October 14, 2007

Little Updates from the Prairie

Well we got here last night, right about 8:30pm. I didnt remember another time change, so it worked out about right.

As I passed Metcalf avenue on the 435 south, I began to feel overwhelmed. That was the first thing I visually recognized, and I think it made it all real.

Then as I passed the Bohlenders house, I realized I was here. How many times have I driven up and down Holmes, Red Bridge, etc... and wished and dreamed I could live here? How many silent prayers and whispered desires have happenned on these streets, and how many of them, according to my perception, fell on either "deaf ears" (as if God has such a thing), or simply just "that will never happen, stop making yourself hurt" type of ideas.

Now Im here. And I dont know why. I know some of why, but I realized I really dont know much of it. My kids are here, my wife is here (first time she and I are here "together"), even my ex-wife is here. Heck this week, even my ex-wife's brother and sister inlaw and nephew are here!

I had a much better time driving than I thought. Thank goodness for Kathie "Everything they say about her is true" Wheeler!!!!!! I simply asked here if she could somehow come and help us drive the cars, which would give Danielle a bunch of time with her favorite person. What actually ended up hapenning is she came, packed up almost every loose article of property in our house, and then proceeded to drive hours at a time with our dog in the car to help me by sharing Danielle for a bit. Literally, iif she hadnt been there, we would probably be getting to Denver about now, and really hurting.

Anyhow, it is taking time for things to set it. It feels like I am on just an expensive road trip (a REALLY expensive one). But I see my kids hanging out with Christina Ortega, around a bunch of young s fasting, praying, living on the edge and going for God, hearing how they "went to church today" and saw Lou Engle preach and pray and prophesy about abortion, and the stand we need to take etc... seeing my wife with her friends, it is all like a dream. But I have nothing in California except for a motorcycle (which I might need soon, Dorothy the Dodge Caravan really worked hard getting over the Vail pass). I cannot just move back.

Anyhow, I know I need to seek revelation about Justice, and the role it plays in healing and salvation, as well as practical steps to communicate the concept and engage it in the simple walk after Christ, help people devoted to prayer and fasting, and see what God does.

No comments: