Friday, July 06, 2007

Look ma Im on GodTV

I feel like Im in the midst of celebrities! I mean, I saw my favorite bass player in the whole wide world, Cassie from the team that Misty Edwards leads!! WOW. And other famous IHOP people, including our personal favorite from the end times conference, Kelsey. Im saying this all tongue in cheek of course, but it is funny.

There are TV cameras, sound gear, people people people, and PRAYER. The anointing is getting really strong, and as the sessions broke for lunch, the anpinting began to move around with all the people, it was amazing.

Seriously though it is kind of surreal. Im at the Rennaisance hotel visiting with dear friends, cherishing time with kids, and watching history in the making. Im hearing Dutch Sheets yelling about the tide turing after 40 years, thousands of people in prayer and travail, as I walk down the hallway to go to the bathroom. On the way, about 10 young, hairy, 20 somethings are casting a demon out of a young man.

At a normal conference, you might see 1500 people.I have seen at least 10,000, half of whom my wife knows. And you realize, after the 3rd bus drops off 50 16 year old kids from 600 miles away (or more) who have been fasting and oraying for 6 weeks, that when God calls for a gathering, it looks like an invasion.

At dinner, we had a tremendous time. 2 people I realized I needed to talk to about a burgeoning project God is starting up, both of who I like a LOT, end up at dinner with us. I had no clue they would even be there, let alone all at the same time we were, with the same people. There were 4 famiilies gathered around a table, from 3 different cities, in a totally different city, eating and laughing and talking 100 miles an hour. I realized that however odd this is, and fun, within 70 years at the latest, we will all be doing this again, perhaps daily, either in heaven, or literally on the earth.

My wife is amazing. I watched her hold baby Zoe for hours, sucking up all the baby time she could get. She is definitely in her element here. I feel so priveliged and caught by grace to even be here.

tomorrow, we sit in VERY hot and humid weather, with 100,000+ people, with one thing on their minds, CHANGE. Even my own children are here, by the gift of some kind person. My daughters are going to witness firsthand something that changed the atmosphere in the spirit. They will look back and say "I saw that, I was there".

Within the last week, both my daughters have been touched heavily for them by Holy Spirit,a nd committed themselves to Christ. And now, they are going to be put right in the middle on the largest prayer meeting to date, broadcast to over 400,000,000 people.

Its going to be wild.

No comments: