Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Call to go to Las Vegas

Im in Las Vegas right now. Not for THE CALL, but because of a Call...

Im at a trade show for the woodworking industry, helping out where I can to sell the fledgling software I built. I have done this 3-4 times at a large trade show. Everyother year it is in Las Vegas, and opposite years it is in Atlanta.

I have always liked Vegas. Aside from all the ugly parts of it, frankly I enjoy gambling a little, I enjoy all the activity, and the food! I actually cry a little when I see the beauty of the Bellagio fountains at night, and some of the shows (Cirque Du Solieil) are just amazing. In fact the Mystere show was the closest things I have seen to some heavenly visions I have had!

This time though, Im hurting a little. As I flew in, I flew over Sam Boyd Stadium, and prayed over it as The Call is possibly going to be there soon, if it doesnt change venues due to the heat.

As you look down at this vast sprawl in the middle of nowhere, you begin to realize just how false this WHOLE place is. The volume of water used here is atrocious, and imported from the river. The eletricity is unreal. The amount of people here is amazing.

And the and prostitution! I had forgotten this part. As I walked down the street to a restaurant, I was inundated with flyers on the ground, and in news racks every block, with graphic pictures, and with my background I know exactly what is waiting inside these things.

What is odd is I have been able to ignore them all the other times, and actually just detatch myself from them. Heck, this year I even went to the BurningMan regional just down the highway, and had no issues (in fact I had a harder time in a prayer meeting when I got back, than I did around the Burners as far as wandering eyes and avoiding ).

What has changed? A lot of fasting and prayer this year. In fact most of the year. And hearing at The Call some of the massive percentages of affect immorality has had in the Body worked me. I have a terrible background in this, and have had a lot of healing, and being married and my soul feeding on intimacy (not just ual!) with a healthy woman has really insulated me from all of this for a good long time.

And so here I am (rambling), being inundated with this unreal volume of distortion, I find myself unable to see or understand how it is possible to get away from it. I watched a movie on TV, and even though it wasnt graphic, I felt like it was spoiling my mind, and grieving God. So as I changed the channel, there was something ont he channel that was so graphic (I think I realized later it is a cable show about a prostitution house in Nevada,and they were in the rooms...). I finally had to just turn everything off, curl up in my bed and try to sleep and avoid everything! I have no idea how to overcome in this. I have almost no ability to see how God wcan/will change this.

And when I did, I had dreams of casting out demons out of children, and things were coming out of me as well.

And so now? I go try to navigate eating food that wont kill me, and deal with a mass of humanity, in the middle of a place that is literally greiving the Spirit by its existence due to its tolerance and practice of overt immorality.

But the reality is, it is inside us all, and here they just broadcast it. It is supply and demand, and given the right situation, all of us would go for this in some way or another. And the Body is into it as well,a nd the flesh revels in this.

Try to make it to The Call Sept 1. Indoor, outdoor, wherever. At least stand in agreement with it. I think it is more symbolic than the other calls I have heard about. It strikes into the heart of the manifestation of immorality more than any other region, or city.

No comments: