Monday, July 23, 2007

I cannot beleive Im saying this...

Normally when I go to some place outside Los Angeles, I might experience a little more spiritual freedom. Or at least not as much spiritual resistance. Los Angeles has a certain atmosphere that can be hard to operate in for me.

Coming back from Las Vegas, I experienced a progressive clearing of the spiritual atmosphere like nothing I have experienced. The farther away I got, the more my head/heart cleared up.

Im actually relieved to be home. I need to come to grips with how immature and weak I am in my walk.

2 things I think I realized.

1. Las Vegas is so false, that as soon as any serious problem emerges, it will fold. You would think surviving in the desert like that would make people tough. I think because of the dependence on the immorality of people, they have become very wealthy and able to overcome the situation. Have a significant drought for instance, lasting a few years, and when water rationing goes real, that place will fold up and become a dustbowl.

2. The Christians who thrive there, will be able to thrive anywhere. To maintain a vigilant, open heaven in an environment like that (a spiritual desert) must form and create in people such an intense ability to persevere, they will be able to endure.


God can keep anyone from falling away, I see that better now. And by turning toward Him, we can thrive. Some people may end up very grateful they lived in that city (and many others around the world like San Francisco, New Orleans etc...). As things become more unstable, most of these beleivers are probably ging to laugh and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i love u daddy!!!