Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thank goodness for IHOP

So due to a misunderstanding on our loan for our house, our loan agent had to refinance us. It has been 6 months, and it was finally time. Because of the housing market in general, I was a little worried that we wouldnt actually have the 80% equity we have on our current loan, and that would end up screwing up the whole thing.

Well our house gained $2000 in value the last 6 months. I bet it is due to the great job Danie did on the babys room. Anyhow, this market,e ven with all the houses for sale, and some pending foreclosures, is stronger than normal. Thats due mainly to the IHOP. IHOP will be building a whole new campus on Harry Trumans old farm, and the city had a big thing about it int he county newspapaer. The amount of impact we make as an organization to this micro-local economy is pretty dramatic. It was a place that was deteriorating quite rapidly 10 years ago, but is far better off than neighboring communities due to the influx of people.

The one funny quote was the local school board commisioner, who said " The CFO of IHOP told me he has great confidence there will be a lot of these people enrolling their children in the local schools". LOL. Right. I dont know how they got that idea.

But anyway, Im so thankful. We raked leaves yesterday, I found a lawnmower int he shed, and ran it around until it was out of gas (I believe lawnmower are really just mini bikes int he making). Judah and her friend picked up acorns. Nice warm day, and we grilled veggies and chicken.

Then I went to Joseph COmpany Prayer, then the healing rooms for my blood pressure, then had a meeting with a local businessman who is interested in the same kind of thing about adoption I am. Then I came home and my lovely wife was putting the baby in her bouncer on a table by the window, in a new purple dress, so she could watch Zeb and his friend Shep run around the yard.

Tomorrow I go play the set at JPR.


What a life I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must be so unhappy....will be praying that you move back to California and that God would encourage you in your hard life...

j.

ps. still love this anonymous thing...