Friday, December 01, 2006

Cabo Wabo Why?



Our Monday was in Cabo San Lucas. Im still not sure why people like this place, and our conclusion is that they must mean away from the beachy areas. We went to a place called "The Office", got margaritas, and sat on the beach. The sand was very granular and unusual, and we spent the next 30 minutes saying "No thank You" at least 30-40 times (no exaggeration).

We decided to leave, walked up the beach, and got to a mall that was around the marina. It had Johnny Rockets, LaCoste, and every other thing you could get in South Orange County. We rambled back via the main drag, and went shopping at the tourist trap right by the docks.

I had a little encounter with a disabled little boy in a wheelchair that left me undone for quite a while. I kept touching him, and when I stopped he would reach out and grab my hand and put it back on his head, and make sounds like he just wanted to be touched. I kept praying for him secretly while Danie negotiated with his miother to buy some things. I was quite disoriented for the next 15 minutes, and later in the ship just had to cry my eyes out. Thankfully, Danie is gentle and patient with a big blubbering fool like me.




This is the famous arch that people go out ot and look at rocks and arches.













This is our boat as we left it for the first time. Due to the problems with the boat, we werelate, and the rough water caused tremendous delays in "tendering" (odd word for getting to the dock).









Anyhow, we got back to the ship, a nd went in the pool and relaxed.

No comments: