Friday, December 01, 2006

Back at Sea

The next 2 days were just sailing home and relaxing.

Danielle is the only person I have ever met who will get up to go teh bathroom,a nd come back and tell me she just made friends with the nicest girl who was cleaning it, and how wonderful she is and how she is her favorite person (that day). the people that waited on us were so wonderful, both danie and I were a little emotional leaving!

Pras was our dining steward. he is from Indonesia. He might well be the most graceful man I have ever met. His demeanor, his movements, his speech were all so geniune and graceful without being effeminitte (sp?). His names means humble, and it was fitting.

I asked once for Tabasco, and from then on out there was a little gravy boat ofit at my seat every night before I got there. Lots of little things like that was such fun and nice for us.




Evangelina (Vangie) was our drink steward. She was such a bright personality. She called me "Sir Sean" the whole time. She would always see us ans smile and say "Hello Daniel and Sir Sean!". She was from the Phillipines. Danielle loved her so much she would tell me all night how she would just watch her walk a round and talk and smile at everyone. she was the brightest most happy lady int he whole dining area!






Anhar was our dining steward assitant. He was from Bali, and his names mean "River" and "Believers". The guy never stopped laughing and giggling and telling jokes and smiling the whole time. He has worked on 3 "World Trips" that are 3 months long, and one of his customers wason their 20th WorldTrip. Eeesssshh. We have his email, and when he is in Long Beach, we are going to go get him, a nd make him dinner and bring HIM food! He was definitely the most adventurous one, and had lots of stories.



The food was good overall. Some really good things, a few really awful desserts, and the rest nice. I gained 7 pounds, and I cannot see that Daniegained anything at all! The service was great, and I really enjoyed the parade of Baked Alaska. Watching grown people prance around in the dark with flaming cake is worth a lot of money to me.

No comments: