Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The real deal

Finally, real BBQ. Thanks to Nick, we went to L C's BBQ. It was by FAR the best BBQ I have had so far. Jacks Stack is good, theur Baby Backs are hard to beat. This place was sooo good it put it overthe top. Awesome Onion Rings, good fries, excellent Burnt ends, Excellent Ribs cooked all the way, Smoked Beef.

This is the place.


Our trip to Chicago was fun. Longer drive than anticipated, we ended up going right to the resturant. Tompolobampo was the best mexican food I have ever had. In reality, it is so far beyond normal mexican that it is like comparing 2 totally different concepts. Kind of like a nylon string guitar vs. an electric guitar.

We had a 5 course tasting menu. Danie got a different on than me, and I got the wine paring. The wine paring was so well done I was beyond surprised. Things were matched so well you could really experience the difference with and without the wine.

Danielle and I stumbled out of there and went to our hotel. Our hotel was a little odd. Chicago is quite a neat place, especially downtown. Our hotel was trying hard to be hip, and yet they played 80's music in the hallways, which was weird. I was up a good part of the evening. That much food, with that much com[plexity is more than I can handle. We plan to never go out liek that without digestive enzymes!

I hung with my beautiful wife. We went to the Field Museum of natural history, and saw a cool exhibit of native americas people. We wore out, went to get Deep Dish pizza, and ended up finding a Trader Joes downtown! The only TJ's with an elevator I have ever seen.

We picked up some gorceries, and drove around Lake Michigan, and downtown. Then we went back to the hotel and got hooked on "In Treatment" which is a TV show about therapy sessions. Wow.

We got up the next day, and had a mishap with our front desk. After a while things got worked out. However I missed an exchange where the valet man spouted off a smart ass remark to my wife. I found out as we were leaving, and Im glad I wasnt there. I would have been even more of a jerk, and we would have ahd a jerk contest.

We made it back int he rain, and are settling in.

No comments: