Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Solve the Adoption Problem

Im going to say this out loud to more than just my intimate friends. Im going to take my life band off today. Im weary of the rhetoric and the stand against abortion in the ekklesia, and the focus it has taken away from the real solution.

I love the passion and the intentions. I think it is great. I have just come to a conclusion that I hope will have more revelation and clarity in the future for me. Over the last few years, I have felt this more and more, and I am now convinced. This is only to the people who claim to be the called out ones of messiah (you might call yourselves "Christians").

If you want to see abortion stopped, get obedient to the Torah already given thousands of years ago. Had the "church" understood the heart of God in regards to adoption, and His concerns for the widow, the fatherless and the alien, abortion would have been marginalized to begin with.

Adopt. Period. James wasnt making up something new. He was a Jew who was explaining Torah. Caring for widows and orphans in their distress isnt a New Testament thing. It is a God thing.

Stop praying against something. This may sound shocking to people. It wont work. You cannot disobey the clear command of God and be successful in your petitions for something else.

I have heard people finally speaking out agressively about this topic over the last year or so. Thank goodness. If you cannot adopt, financially support it on someone else. Go baby sit for couples who are stressed and tired and need a break. Help fix their house, do ANYTHING to turn your face and heart to the reality.

Think about the logistics. 3700 babies a day murdered, or living in cribs untouched and uncared for? If God were to grant you your request, are you willing to commit to 120,000,000 orphans that are currently out there in the world, and 90,000 + new ones a month (just in America)?

These things are finally being talked about on public platforms, but in essence the issue is millenia old. Obey God, or dont. We can preach the logistics, or we can call one another to Love and Good Deeds. We can facilitate the body with our gifts and our callings.

Consider the possibility that if the church continues to refuse the adoption issue, what is Gods alternative? In my mind, and my limited human thinking, I believe we might even see a wave of what will look like a curse in the body. Women unable to conceive naturally. It will seem like something is wrong, but if that is what it takes to force us into adoption, then fine.

I have a baby on the way naturally. Im excited. But I also want children from the hole of being unwanted or uncared for. Im planning on this. I intend to do this. Until I am able I am sowing into adoptions. I have every intention of walking up to God, and asking for my harvest. I have sown for years, and have never asked God for anything based on that. But in this category, I fully intend to ask Him for all the Grace (financial and other) to successfully fulfill the mandate of caring for the widow the orphan and the alien. And however many God tells me to do, I will do my best. In my weakness, I will at least turn my face towards Him in this.

I challenge you to think about this. If I could make you, I would.

So I cannot continue to stand "against" something, and claim Im "standing" for something else. You can pray all day and fast all you want. But do something tangible about this. In a few hours, I go intercede. My intercession is to bill customers for money, and give it to people adopting and caring for widows, orphans and aliens oppressed by war.

No comments: