Monday, September 10, 2007

The Little things

Yesterday praying for someone, I really felt like God explained something to me, and its an interesting concept.

God sees when we are fatihful in the little things. We always take that verse "He who is faithful with little will be given more". Different versions say it slightly differently.

Anyhow, I have always imagined this as "I will get lots of little things, and if Im faithful, I will get progressively more and more to be faithful with".

But in reality, life is a big bag of big and little things. And the truth is, when something is a big thing, we intuitively steward that more than other things. If we dont, then we are lazy, and slothful, a different issue. But when things are small, we tend to let those drift.

But God isnt like that. He loves every little thing. He tracks every sparrow, hair, and any other little thing.

So I think the underlying issue is God is saying "I track every little thing, and it is important to me as every big thing. And when I see you trying your best with the littler things, I can see how you desire to be like me. And by that, you are faithful and I will give you more."

I dont know if it means more things that are "bigger", or more "little" things, or maybe even more of something else entirely different.

But the point here is the idea of faithful. Not perfect. Not accomplished. Not even able. Just faithful. In the little things. The little yes and no things every day. And He sees them ALL. And He appreciates them ALL. And He rewards them ALL. Because He loves to reward. He loves to find an excuse to bless you, and love you, and increase you. And when the Father sees someone that desires (whether they are successful or not) to be like His son, He SMILES and sends even more to them.

Some people need to be encouraged in this. Every time you desire not to react to your children driving you crazy, and try your best just to dial down and help them, HE SEES. Every little gesture of hope or encouragement you offer, every little "cup of cold water", is instantly seen and heard in heaven, because thats exactly what Jesus is like.

No comments: