Monday, May 22, 2006

Interesting problem

http://rbohlender.blogspot.com/2006/05/i-figured-this-was-coming.html#links

My friend Randy wrote some interesting stuff on his blog. I made a comment, and it is somewhat sarcastic etc... and realized he may not want to publish it because people might actually a) believe I was serious about some of it, or b)think he was endorsing what I said.

So I decided to write my own response here. I LOVE randy, and the way he thinks. This is just simply my take on it. Read his post first.


Randy I went to see the movie and was so blown away, and it was so good I bought the book to really "dig in" and do some research. I cannot wait to talk with you about it when I get to KC. I think it will really open your mind. You and Kelsey are so smart at that kind of thing, and my ADD kicks in and I cannot understand a lot of those words and biblical history stuff...


Did you know it is possible Jesus was MARRIED? WOW. And it sure explains a LOT of stuff that I thought was probably happenning that the church is hiding from us for CENTURIES.
It might be a great idea for a thread on your blog where you can read it all and help us really grab a hold of the stuff, rather than having to waste time going to churches on Sundays. YOU could be our central "point of contact", and because you are such a good teacher you could help us understand what Mr. Brown was really getting at.


Im thinking that way we could continue to use Sundays and buildings for more interesting things like:

1. Sitting around listening to people tell me what they think God wanted to tell me (but couldnt seem to tell me directly)

2. What they think the bible says

3. Ask me for money

4. Explain to me the finer points of their doctrine and position on all sorts of things

5. Provide me with music and multimedia

6. Help me balance my checkbook, save my marriage, and "reach out to others".


Since by your estimate, they only get 40 shots a year to do their thing, we should do everything we can to help them do their thing more often. I mean gosh, they get paid to talk and run the show so we should let them go for it.


I think I am on to something here. We could free up a lot of resources by using the internet so we could perpetuate more activities.


disclaimer: Because email and this stuff is so detatched it is not implied that Pastor Randy or Pastor Kelsey will truly help us meander throguh the book of DaVinci. The above statements are made purely tongue in cheek, and meant as an outlet for my cynicism and outright "rage against the machine". Randy and/or Kelsey will certainly discipline me upon first contact.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

i may have just peed my pants with laughter.
no seriously, i'm reaching thirty, and i think i wet myself.

i think we should add to the list:
7.Encourage prayer (if it conforms to the churh standards and regulations without offending or deepening intimacies with Christ)

here's hoping tom hanks got paid extra to sport that sassy hairdo',

jillian edington