Thursday, May 18, 2006

Food

Tomorrow is the celebration of 8 years of day dreaming!!!

God has finally brought about the reality my business partner and I had of giving money away that is generated by the software we developed. Up until now I was taking the revenue and using it for income, but now we can send all of it to work with widows and orphans and other things we ar eled to do. And if we feel led, we can take some as income as well, but neither of us actually need it as we both get paid outside the company from our other endeavors.

I have given up so many times. I have been broke so often,a nd struggled and struggled. I havent ever been faithful to this! If it werent for Gods help this would be a big stupid mess. And yet wehn the realization came about that this was hapenning, I was shocked!

It was almost like God winked at me and said "Thats was fun and easy, now what?". And when He said that, He had a very crazy kind of look in His eyes. I cannot explain it, excpet that you would think someone was crazy or a little "off" if they just stared at you that way!!!

Anyhow, the following meal is going to be consumed and eaten with great relish. I felt the need to throw a party and celebrate (read the last half of deuteronomy if you dont beleive me).

Course 1:

Bread and assorted raosted peppers, olives, artichoke hearts, olive oils and the like.

wine: 1995 vintage Champagne (Blanc de Blanc for those interested)

Course 2:

Bacon wrapped Scallops over roasted red onions and braised spinached with aged Balsamic Vinegar.

wine: 2005 Kim Crawford Sav Blanc

Course 3:

Seared sesame seed encrusted Ahi Tuna with grilled asparagus and pickled Ginger

wine: Pinot Noir (dont rmember the details but will supply if asked)

Course 4:

spit roasted Grassfed Prime Rib of Buffalo with a huckleberry and prickly pear reduction sauce, smashed purple potatoes with roasted garlic, and collard greens.

wine: 1987 Medoc Bordeaux, 1992 Hess Collection Cabernet and then God only knows what else

Course 5:

assorted cheeses, american fireweed honey, dried Turkish figs

wine: White and Red Rioja

Course 6

Hot Cocoa Coffeecake with Zingermans dark chocolate, brandied cherries and dulce de leche caramel sauce with vanialla ice cream

wine: Giraud Sauterne

And then to top it all off, a 1967 vintage Port!!!

Im so escited I have been planning this for weeks. I think this is what Heaven os like, with feasting and food and flavors and fun and celebration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i SOOO cant wait.. but i do have a question.. why does the cheese course come after the meat courses? just curious...

P said...

Good question. Sometimes cheese comes AFTER dessert. I thin because it is kind of in between the main heavy stuff. Although I just tried the cheese (ZINGERMANS CAME IN TODAY!!!) and it is so good I cannot beleive it. Wait until you try the honey. I havent ever had anythign like that. I had no clue how ethereal this kind of stuff gets. and the port is good too (had to dip into it a little).

The Table said...

Ahw I too late!! I think you should cook this meal when you come to KC!! That sounds so really good. Or at lest send me the recipes!