Monday, September 01, 2008

GBF

Imhere at IHOP for the Global Bridegroom Fast. I dont think I have gone to the GPR during oneof these in so long. Im trying hard just to remember and participate!

Anyhow, I realize the simple beauty of people doing what they love. The prayer room is packed about 70-80%, which means we would all have to give up the seats betwen us and the other guy to make more room, so it looks full.

And it is full of the wildest combinations. A guy with a 9-10 motnh old, and every so often they prayer walk together, change a diaper, play with teething toys, all the while simply doing something they seem to both love, together.

People dancing, people walking, mostly just seemingly happy to be able to pray today and be able to do it with others. One lady that I know is one of the most humble, gentle people, mother, intercessor, pillar. She is also the lioness that I saw literally call down a spirit of confusion upon Robert Mugabes regime just a few weeks ago.

I see neo-hippies, intellectuals, kids, babies, uptight and unwound, and beyond. Dark and light, ex this or that, called to missions, called to contemplation, called to play music, called to sit. It is wonderful. I forget how wonderful. The precious things are not always ont he surface, and God hides them to make sure they are kept for the people that want to see it, that will even stop tot hink about it.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Nice post Sean

JudahLion said...

Why didn't you include me??? I just posted a new one.