Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finally back home...well....

We got back Monday eve from Washington D.C. It was quite a relief. We have been on the road over 2 weeks. The day after school ended, the girls and us packed up with gram, and went to Orlando/Lakeland for a week or so. Then te girls went to California for 3 weeks. Then we went to DC for 2. We got back 2 days before school started.

It was a hard trip on many levels. Had I known in advance the disorganization, stress, and physical element, I wouldnt have gone. Im glad I didnt know.

I hit the wall with some of my personality quirks. I dont like chaos and dysfunction (that isnt of my own making), and I had to stop flodding and endure rather than solve. I a strategic guy by nature and by vocation. Not neccesarily a good one, but I have unique niche that IW ork in, and Im used to analyzing problems, making plans and solutions,a nd then watching other people execute them towards a know, quantifiable goal. This was like hitting a target that kept shrinking, and moving, and changing dimensions.

It all came down to trust, and hope. If it werent for the sincereity, and earnestness of the planners and people involved, you would have quit too. But when you press through the surface, and start working with people, alongside them, and see their hearts, enduring outside chaos is made easier by an offsetting comraderie.

Israel had a great time, and Danie did too. We met Benjamins brother Jeff, and the girls had 2 older brothers for the week that were wonderful. In fact, Havah did too. Thse guys we the best people I have been with for a long time.

I didnt attend The Call much, and didnt plan too anyway. Im not much into it. Judah and I stopped in for about an hour, I got carried away ito birthing intercession for about 30 minutes, and had to practice breathing and relaxing I had learned in Bradley classes! LOL. Then we skipped off to see the Hope Diamond.

The drive was hard, but mitigated be seeing Danies sister and her family. This was another highlight of our trip. Any opportunity to see them is well worth it.

Now Im in ahotel in atlanta, trying to figure out how to excercise, and then go to a trade show. Ths is a different scenario than Im used too. Im here with a partner, and we are exhibiting for ourselves. Im hoping to generate some business here and start breaking away from the previous stuff I have been doing with Planit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well well well......