Friday, July 07, 2006

Its time for some payback

Prov 6:30-31
30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy himself when he is hungry;
31 But when he is found, he must repay sevenfold; He must give all the substance of his house.
(NAS)


I was just woken up from a bunch of nasty weird dreams by my daughter who is experiencing her classic “I’m scared” stuff she experiences sometimes at night. She will act all distraught and when I ask her why she will say “I don’t know”. In reality it tends to be tied to something, but it results in this uncontrollable, un centered fear that gets her stuck.

This night I realized it was the enemy much earlier than I normally do. And I realized that today as soon as I sent out an invitation to come to my house for music and soaking and prayer etc… within about 3 hours I was experiencing some kind of mental warfare, and it progressed to this.

I remember reading the above verse, and also realizing that the enemy is cursed to eat dust. He is the original theif. We are made from the dust. In a way, we are the enemy’s food. He prowls around trying to eat us. So I prayed and told God I was releasing the enemy to judgment, and for God to pass judgment on my behalf and convict the enemy of stealing from me and force the enemy to repay seven fold what he has stolen. I then began to state what it was.

For all th fear he has sown in my life, and stolen from me faith and hope and the like, he must let go of 7 times that. For all the lust and perversion, I am due intimacy. For all the darkness and apathy, I am due 7 times the revelation. For all the health, and moeny and on and on….

I then asked God to set up boundaries around me, and anytime the enemy steals, to please let me know, and make him pay back.

I cannot say I have a great prayer life, and don’t stand up well in this, but it is a start. As I prayed this I began to see God as an intense Eagle. And His eyes had spinning things in them, and He was quite fierce looking. I receive this as a sign I was getting revelation. And I felt led to write this out, and share it with the people coming tomorrow (or actually today). I didn’t want to forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great point - Encouraging to say the least! Bless you for that. John from Gibraltar