Monday, October 13, 2008

My dad is a beatles song

Today is my Dads Birthday. He sent us all an email informing us he had now arrived at the prestigous milestone no o ne ever thinks they are getting to ("Will you still need me, will you still feed me when Im 64....?")

We all miss my parents being out here in KC. Many of my friends enjoy my folks as well. Im not sure it would be easy to explain to you why Dad/GrandPa is so special. Trying to put words around that doesnt seem to really capture the feelings well. And some thins might be cheapened by saying them in such a common forum like this.

Following is one of my all time favorite pictures. Part of it is Israels wild hair, cutie pie glasses, and THAT LAUGH!! But the reason she is laughing is because Grandpa is being silly. Just silly enough to make her giggle. If your heart can see it well enough, you might understand why Grandpa is so special. Israels response seems to capture what most people I kknow feel around my Dad.

Happy Birthday Dad. And Im sure Mom will still feed you... I know we all need you. So youre safe.



No comments: