Monday, November 20, 2006

On the Boat

We are arriving in Cabo San Lucas today. I am up again at 4:30. I cannot seem to sleep. I dont know why. You know that feeling when your eyes are tired, and you still cannot sleep? I actually forgot my room number yesterday. I knew where it was, but pretty much walked around in slight dellerium. The great thing is you can only go so far before you get back to the same place.

You would think witht he amount of food and alcohol we ingest daily, sleep would be easy!!! Actually we are doing really well on that. The food the first night was great, and we tried all sorts of things, and left food on the plate and didnt over eat. VERY proud of myself. Last night was "formal night", and weird enough, the food wasnt good. They literally didnt make some of the desserts right, and they were awful. We (I) actually had to tell them because Im sure they didnt taste that before they sent it out.

But aside from that, it is neat. Lots of families. Probably because of the holiday. Unfortunately, when you wake up this early, everything is fairly shut down, so I have been all over this ship. This cruise line really is for slight older folks, however they have this huge progam for kids that seems to be a hit. You can pay all this money to go on a family vacation, to drop your kids off and pick them up at 1am. No kidding. First guy we met was here with his "partner" and they do that with their kids.

Danie of course walks around with me, and everyone stops and stares. It is wild. When we walk around places she gets so much attention. I have always tried to be careful with my eyes, especially when it is obvious a gal is with a guy. No that Im married, it is actually easier. But I am not used to being with someone that gets checked out all the time! LOL. One time at the gym I was going to pee on her in front of everyone to let them know she was with me, but she asked me not to. Anyhow, the consensus is that most people think I am a really wealthy slob, with a trophy wife. I just have to let them think that.

They have poker here. So we cooked up a plan. I acted like a drunk fool (which wasnt hard because melatonin seems to affect me for a LONG time, and no sleep, plus melatonin, plus alcohol, makes me very odd. And she came up and acted all sweet, and tried to encourage me, and I acted like all I ever did is watch TV etc... and mis bet and made obvious errors. I figured I would lose some money, and then get it back later on in the cruise. The problem is, at the end of my plan (she was supposed to bring me a VIRGIN drink) I realized, the players sucked, no one even noticed how bad I was playing except for one guy, and I had just wasted a lot of time and money!!!!! So I have a few chances to get it back.

I miss my kids, so I yell at other peoples kids. Its a habit. During lifeboat drill, a kid next to me was blowing on the recovery whistle. I told them to take that out of their mouth, because they didnt know where that had been. As a parent, habits die hard.

More to come later!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i completely empathize with the gratituous oogling! i have often found that when i walk murphy the dog, there's a boxer mix and a few labs down the street, who can't seem to control their ridiculous gawking. i mean, i know i'm a lucky gal, but damn! and there's a drooling st, bernard thing that keeps drooling, "pick your tongue up little lass" i yell at her. i haven't considered peeing on him yet, although he did bless me by throwing up on myself and one of our cats, morrissey who looked shocked for a good three minutes. it was bizarre.

so completely delighted for you both, sincerely. enjoy your time away i know you work terribly hard and deserve a bit of geriatric slow paced company! make sure your girls get the name of the cruise director so they can ship you off later when your mildly incontinent and will actually enjoy the food because you have lost all tastebuds at 84 years of age! just kidding!

jillian edington

Christina Wolkenfeld said...

thanks for keeping the blogger friend world updated on the Cruise stuff. Sounds like good times and i really like the story about the kids on the boat with the whistle.
which reminds me...
here's a story, this man shared how he overheard his young children fighting in the kitchen. then the daughter said to her brother, "you, you, you are commiting adultry." the mom went in and asked what was going on. the girl said "he is always acting like he's and adult." anyways, i thought it was funny. cheers!

P said...

Christina, thats too funny!

I hear we are having you over for food etc... in Decemnber? Hmmmm got to plan the meal already.