Friday, November 17, 2006

Going South

btw... the new version of blogger is available. However its the stupidest process I have ever seen, and after 10 attempts it failed. What a joke.

Anyhow, going on a honeymoon tomorrow. Taking the easy route. Get on a boat and make them wait on me hand and foot. Lay around with our bellies full of meat, drinking copious amounts of overly expensive alcohol, oogling my bride until she cant stand me, and some adventures off the ship in touristy spots (beer factory tour, outdoor adventure tour, parasailing, possibly dune buggy racing) and then come home.

It will be nice to get away. There is no way I could have enjoyed it right after the wedding. I needed to get back into the groove a little bit, and we needed to settle in as a family.

The party is tonight as well for the West Coasters. It changed from a "I just want to have a PA in one corner, flesh food and alcohol in the other, and party til we collapse so I can show off my wife" to my Mom saying "Your dad and I want to help" to "Your Dad has had a few glasses of wine and syas we should..." all the way to I'm sitting in a caterers office, and my Mom is picking out napkin colors, running to BevMo, and Im ordering Roasted Pig for 80.

It should be fun. I have been so blessed by so many people. People driving all the way to Ohio from Kansas just to do flowers, and decorate, and help, and take incredible care of my kids so Danie and I could get a night to ourselves. Jason helping me and driving me all around and making sure I smell good. It makes you realize how impacting small things are. dont wait until someone is in the hospital before your feel its time to help! LOL

Anyhow, We get up Saturday, and drive down to San Diego and leave. I will try and post pictures and such from the boat. I plan to come back 10 pounds heavier, and bloated. Therefore a juice fast is in order for most of December.

No comments: