Monday, April 13, 2009

You know things are changing when...

The Missionaries are giving the marketplace guys money...

However humbling it is currently, it is a worthwhile process we are going through. Last week 3 different families gave money to us, either directly (against our protests until they played the "God told me" card), or sneaky (like leaving it on our porch and running).

Over the past month, there have been a few other familes that have done the same thing. Danie and Ihave hadto come to grips with the fact that w are in the middle of something very dramatic for us. Maybe it is of our own choices and irresponsibility. Maybe it is just life. But I dont beleive either of that.

6 months ago, I was pretty certain I heard YHWH tell me things were going to be a lot different in 6 months, and I heard that when I was talking with Him about work, and my vocation.

I waited to tell Danie, and then we didnt tell a lot of people. We have been doing things that we beleive would help us prepare as best we could, all the while trying to do the things we normally would like my work, and opportunities.

It is now April, and while I cannot say I understand all the things that are happenning, I do beleive we are in the middle of a significant paradigm shift, away from what people consider "the marketplace". I will write more about it, but while I have always been a "marketplace guy", I dont really beleive in the concept. God doesnt look at creation, and see different sectors. But the point was I was clear my focus was in wokring and making income.

I dont think that is any different, as I think everyone is called to that. I dont beleive in support ministry outside some very extreme examples. But I do beleive in the body giving and sharing with each other. I also beleive the end of the "marketplace" is within sight. Things are going to be very diferent 10-15 years from now, and we need to get ahead of the paradigm shift or be caught in the middle of one with some serious crisis.

1 comment:

todd said...

i love you bro! i am reading between the lines as well and can imagine this is and has been quite an adventure for your fam! pulling for you