Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Odd thoughts...

Life is good. Havah is growing,a nd learning to sleep. My lovely children (Havas "big sister" and "bigger sister") are ending their semester at The Daniel Academy. Summer is coming for them, and all of us. Looks like trips next week to Florida, then back here for summer camps and visitors, then possibly back on the road for a few weeks for Danielle and I while the big sisters go to California.

We had a Skype chat with the Phillips, and got to see Hope, their new baby from China. I need to get there and hold her. I hear she is great at head bonking.

Im enjoying playing music at the Justice Prayer Room. I played Bass Monday, and will again Thursday. As soon as you do that around here, you get asked to play a lot more. I really feel like Im doing about all I can, and will burn out if I play too much, or too often. Yesterdays set went by very fast, which is a trip. My playing ability is at the peak in my memory, which is wild. Putting my hands on my instrument a couple hours a day a few times a week has pushed my skill set up (for me). Im selling all my current gear, and investing in a laptop based system where I wont have to drag around a bunch of things, and get even better sounds.

I am waiting for the revivial/renewal thing to hit here. Things are percolating a bit, but not what I have hoped for. I have actually seen undeniable miracles, which is awesome, and Im excited. But when I think renewal or revival, it is a lot more intense and widespread than this. I have a few thoughts to share in the future about the problem of the math for people who really think stadiums are going to be the wave. It just doesnt compute.

Lou Engle had quite a direct word to IHOP, and then Terry Hartley did as well. I LOVE Terry. She is awesome. She helped me all year with my cooking class. There is a lot to that lady. Big things in tiny packages!

Work is plodding along, and I would like to get some serious revenue going. We are looking at beginning to adopt, starting the process sometime at the end of this year and seeing where it goes. I have sown into this for years, and beleive God will give us a harvest, and allow us to continue to sow. This is the main palce to give right now, widows and orphans.

On other fronts, we LOVE having my mother in law here. Kathy is an absolute joy. Randy Bohlender told me before I was married "Everything they say about Kathy Wheeler is true". It is. She is so fun to be with, and the woman is so creative. You should see the sewing and embroidery projects floating around the house. Ive never seen this type of thing. The kids all love her, and Havahs first word is sure to be "Gram!". What a blessing.

Off to JoCo prayer.

1 comment:

sarah true said...

good to hear that everything is going well. I am curious about your thoughts on the stadium thing. I also am curious about the word for IHOP. God has been speaking some serious stuff here about false teachers and false prophecy.