Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Visit

Dont you love it when God comes to visit?

Todd and I played music last night, and God sat on us. Ha Ha.

That incredible experience just happenned. It got to the point where my physical part was just kind of relaxed and peaceful, almost zoned out. I dont know how to respond to that in my body. It doesnt process spiritual reality well yet. It just kind of gets intoxicated, and gets out of the way. Maybe this is a form fo therapuetic intoxication. I know I like it. A lot.

And it wasnt because I fasted and prayed. In fact, I am really struggling with my thoughts and my self. The past few days a Grace has come, and I am able to respond to it a little, but then BAM. God sets you up like a golf ball. He puts a little wood tee down, and Hes talking about how pretty everything is, pointing out this and that. Then he puts you on the tee. All the while you are doing your life thing, and trying and struggling and flopping around.

And then Tiger Woods big brother Lion of Judah hits you and you are flying through the air. all of a sudden. One second, sitting still, the next millisecond you are flying towards somewhere.

God was planning the whole time to smack you a gazillion yards. He was going to do it regardless of wether you saw it coming or not. God like to play this kind of golf (to take this metaphor beyond proper limits). And not being a golfer, it sure looks very impressive to me when someone just bangs hell out of a little white ball and sends it a quarter mile away.

Even better, good golfers hit it that hard, and it goes where they want it. They can actually make it curve and land and spin exactly where they want it.

I think God did something like that last night. It felt so good, and for the most part I didnt know what to do about it. All we did is just said "We really like you God". And then for the second hour "Help all out friends and family feel this", and then went off into some Grateful Deadesque jam session.

God is lining me up for the next shot. It is all a plan of His to get me where I need to be, and He takes a great delight in doing this. and I like it. Then next shot might not be as hard and long, but might be even more strategic. And it will probably happen like it has always happenned. When I dont see it coming, and have gotten absorbed into my own experience.

No comments: