Sunday, September 26, 2004

So What Does it Mean?

So what??? Well God has given me (as well as others) talents, gifts, desires and visions. One of my enduring burdens is to see people experience the Love and Passion of God for them, and experience the unlocking of their souls in Love back to Him. It has been the single most incredible experience of my life to have revelation of Gods overwhelming Love pouring through me. I am convinced that if everyone experienced it, it would change them.

My primary means of doing that seem to be through music, and more importantly the facilitating of environments where that can occur. It has been prophesied to me several times by different prophetic people about a “sound” that will be used by God to touch people, and eventually bring about an experience of God pursuant to salvation.

For the last 10 years, (primarialy the last 6) God has taken advantage of my significant mistakes and poor choices to break and heal me in a lot of areas. Notwithstanding the huge amount of work left, He seems to be moving closer and closer to sharing things with others. But what does it mean? What does it look like?

Both Todd and I have been discussing the context of worship as it relates to “ministry”. This is a very overused word that has lost a lot of appeal to me, but so far I cannot think of an easier one to use. Additionally, as a “priest”, we have 2 functions, to minister to God, and to others. How would that work in context of what I believe God has both gifted me to do, and what I feel called and like to do?

Ministering to God

I just love it when God gives me the Grace and Presence to engage Him directly. It can be so significant. And yet every time it has been sovereign. It seems that it comes over me, I love it, and it goes. I am beginning to believe there is a much deeper reality, experience, and even call to have more.

Based on an article on the web (http://www.etpv.org/2004/tpotl.html) I really felt like I had a good picture of this. For years I have experienced things similar, but couldn’t seem to put it together, or keep it all in perspective. The reality is, it is my privilege (I believe every Christians) to go before God, and love on Him. Some have an easier time, some are even called to do that exclusively. But I believe too many verses and directions in scripture show us we can, should, and will do this one way or another. In this article, it is explained well, and one piece I really engage is the concept of going TO God in the Most Holy Place and not thinking it is coming out to get me. Periodically, we experience Him, but that is no the same as going to Him in the Place of Meeting.

I want to endeavor to do this personally, I am praying and seeking for God to show me how, to facilitate it, and to remove from me anything inconsistent with that happening. Most importantly, it is the realization that Holy Spirit is the one that not only brings it to me, but helps me get there, and does all the work. I ask, and then respond.

Additionally, I believe it is possible to get around a people who can do this. Scripture doesn’t show us more than one person in the Most Holy Place at a time, but now we are all called as priests, and all are commanded to see ourselves that way. Whether or not we all have the same conscious experience of it at the same time, I believe it is time to join with others who can place themselves squarely in front of the King, and Love Him with abandon, making ministry to Him a priority by Loving Him, and laying down our lives in a constant sacrifice.

No comments: